The Valvoline Instant Oil Change system is the 2nd largest quick lube chain in the nation. We provide oil changes and preventive automotive maintenance services in a convenient setting.
Additional services include:
- Transmission fluid exchange,
- Radiator service,
- Fuel system services,
- Air conditioning service,
- Tire rotation, and
- Simple parts replacement - including filters, wipers, batteries, belts and bulbs (services vary by location).
Our service is quick, our hours are convenient and our customers never need an appointment. Most of our centers offer drive-through service and target 12 minute (or less) oil changes.
Valvoline Instant Oil Change, a commercial unit of Ashland Inc. entered the quick lube business in 1986 and the 1st franchised location opened in 1989. We have grown a lot since then, and now have over 800 locations, including 260 company-owned service centers and more than 600 franchise service centers.
The Valvoline brand is more than 140 years old. Valvoline was the world’s first motor oil, the oldest trademark in the petroleum industry, the first high-mileage motor oil brand and the first major national brand of re-refined oil. Valvoline products have been proven under the most demanding conditions – at the racetrack – for decades. Our parent company is Ashland Inc., a specialty chemical and consumer products company with over $7 billion in worldwide sales in 2011.
Benefits of Owning a Valvoline Franchise
Owning and operating a Valvoline Instant Oil Change service center is different than other businesses such as fast food or convenience stores. We are open fewer hours and require fewer employees (8-12) to run a typical center. There is limited inventory to manage and a limited menu of services, which simplifies the business model. Becoming a Valvoline Instant Oil Change franchisee allows you to jumpstart your new business with a proven business model while capitalizing on the strength of a nationally recognized and respected brand.
Valvoline Financial Investment
Development costs range from $175,425 to $1,639,250, depending on real estate costs and whether you lease or purchase your location. We offer conversion incentives for existing operators or competitive acquisitions ranging from $45,000-$100,000, including equipment. We also provide interest-free signage & lube equipment leasing packages for all centers. Franchisees should expect to contribute up to 20% as equity, with the remainder of project costs being financed through SBA or conventional financing.
|Total Initial Investment:
|$30,000 (lower fees on subsequent units)
|Liquid Capital Required:
|Net Worth Required:
|Up to $100,000 in conversion incentive funds; lube equipment & sign leases
Valvoline Training and Support
As a Valvoline Instant Oil Change franchisee, the tools and support systems you get are the same tools and support systems we use in our 260 company-owned stores. Our franchisees benefit from our real-world experience in ways other franchisors cannot match.
- Site selection and construction assistance
- Training programs for management-level employees, technicians and customer service representatives
- A state-of-the-art point-of-sale system with dashboards and benchmarking reports that help you manage your day-to-day business
- Cost-saving partnership programs with vendors and suppliers for uniforms, computer systems, office supplies, janitorial supplies and much more
- Talent management tools to help you recruit and retain the best employees, deliver increased revenue per hour, and reduce turnover
- An arsenal of marketing tools ranging from direct mail to interactive and in-store marketing materials, all designed to help you develop a strong and loyal customer base
- A fleet management program to help you grow commercial accounts
- A customer care program and customer satisfaction measurement tools
- On-going support from an experienced Franchise Business Consultant trained in all aspects of the business
|Does Corporate Assist in Site Selection:
|Does Corporate Provide Continued Training:
Valvoline Franchise Requirements
Besides the financial requirements already listed, Valvoline Instant Oil Change Franchising, Inc. is looking for active investors who possess the entrepreneurial spirit. Our most successful franchisees have a strong business background and the ability to build and lead high-performance teams. You don’t need to be an automotive expert, but you do need to have a passion for cars and a strong work ethic. Our franchisees are strong leaders who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. You should be highly competitive and driven to win.
The ideal franchisee is:
- A successful business person looking for a proven franchise concept;
- A multi-unit operator interested in diversifying your business portfolio; or
- An independent quick lube operator in need of more tools to help grow your business
Valvoline Location Requirements
Our typical location requires ½ to ¾ of an acre and should be visible from the main street. The site should be in a robust retail environment that your potential customer will frequent as they go about their normal activities. We can assist you in identifying the right number of stores – and the right locations – for your selected market, including on-site real estate and project management assistance. We can help you plan and grow your market using site analysis tools, demographic modeling and customer mapping programs. We will also provide one complete set of standard building plans for your use in developing your location.
Top 35 Target Market Areas
Though some markets are closed for development, Valvoline Instant Oil Change has franchise opportunities available throughout the United States, including:
Emphasis placed on:
|New Orleans, LA
|Las Vegas, NV
|Little Rock, AR
|Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
|Newport News, VA
|San Francisco, CA
|Daytona Beach, FL
|Battle Creek, MI
|Salt Lake City, UT
|St Petersburg, FL
|Green Bay, WI