Molly Maid is one of the world’s most recognized residential cleaning services. It offers carpet cleaning services as well. The owner is responsible for the executive level management of this highly-scalable business. Employees clean the homes. This lifestyle business operates Monday – Friday, 8 to 5. Today’s busy families, young professionals and active seniors are on the go and need assistance with their housework.
Residential cleaning is a $10 billion market.
Molly Maid enjoys a strong, consistent validation message.
Franchise owners will tell candidates they enjoy:
- The M-F daylight hours;
- Steady repeat customers;
- Support from the home office;
- Cash nature of the business; and
- The ability to accurately predict and maintain sales due to stability of model, brand, and industry.
Franchise owners will caution against launching a business under-funded and will encourage candidates to fully consider their abilities to manage an entry-level work force.
Molly Maid is a route-based business so franchisees serve a relatively large population through a single location. What is traditionally considered multi-unit ownership is achieved more easily through the Molly Maid system through additional routes in a single territory, not additional, expensive real estate.
Owners will need 700 to 1000 sq ft of light industrial commercial space with no special build-out or leasehold improvements to start their business.
Molly Maid originated in Canada in 1979, but our story begins in 1984 when David McKinnon, a service industry franchisee, acquired the rights to expand the brand into the United States.
David headquartered Molly Maid in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where he assembled his development and support teams. That was 27 years ago. Today, there are more than 450 Molly Maid residential cleaning franchises across the United States. Throughout the years, we’ve created lasting relationships with more than 17 million customers in 40 states.
In addition, there are more than 180 Molly Maid franchises in:
- The U.K.;
- Portugal; and
David will be the first to say, “It’s been a team effort,” but his passion for the business and his charismatic management style is the fuel source that drives the entire Molly Maid house cleaning franchise system. He’s a commanding force in the franchise industry too—giving, mentoring, and leading, and was recognized by the International Franchise Association as their 2001 “Entrepreneur of the Year.”
“From the beginning, I wanted to create a home-services franchise model that was adept at acquiring customers and resolute in retaining their business,” says David. “I give our team credit. Last year we performed 1.46 million ‘cleans’—90% were from repeat customers.”
“I always tell people that Molly Maid is a simple business, we clean houses.” For our Molly Maid franchise owners, our residential cleaning franchise opportunities offer an abundance of financial and lifestyle benefits:
- Recurring predictable cash flow;
- High-income potential;
- Financial security;
- Family friendly hours; and
- The fulfillment that comes with success.
“As we grow, I see more opportunities. Molly Maid is part of Service Brands International that includes leading home-service brands: Mr. Handyman, 1-800-DryClean and ProTect Painters. We’re working together to leverage expertise and resources to ensure we achieve our brand goals. I believe our Molly Maid franchise opportunity is well positioned for our next 25 years. For the right individuals, we’re a veteran team with a franchise system that’s making a difference for our customers, for our franchisee families, and in the communities we serve through our Ms. Molly Foundation.”
||430+ USA/ 184 Int'l|
||Franchise 500 (2007 - 2011), America's Top Global (2009 - 2011)|
Benefits of Owning Your Franchise
For your franchise investment
, a residential cleaning franchise has a number of advantages including:
- Repeat Revenue;
- No Inventory;
- Limited Equipment;
- No Store Location;
- Cash Business;
- Custom Territories;
- Service Brands International Training and Support
With the majority of the residential cleaning business coming from repeat customers, you’ll rest easy at night knowing both your schedule and the amount of incoming sales expected over the next several months. This assurance gives cleaning franchise owners peace of mind.
Since 1979, Molly Maid has continued to advance the $10 billion cleaning services industry. Be a part of this growing segment with a business model that offers significant income potential. Enjoy your life – the Molly Maid way.
This is a partnership.
- You bring your skills and talents, your desire, and your investment capital.
- We provide the business model, the professional organization and the proven systems.
All together, we build professional maid service franchises that work.
|Total Initial Investment:
||$44,800 - $64,800 (depending on territory size)|
|Liquid Capital Required:
|Net Worth Required:
||$26,725 to $51,400 (3 months, per Item 7 of our Franchise Disclosure Document)|
Training and Support
- Pre-training on the phone and online. Molly Maid helps prepare business plan, marketing plan outline, set up office, prepare funding and legal entity and arrange all logistics for opening.
- 5-day class room training at home office in Ann Arbor, MI.
5 day regional training observing an existing, top-shelf Molly Maid Owner.
- Full-time support from Regional Service Manager. Molly Maid employees with extensive business backgrounds available for office visits, online and on the phone. No additional charges.
- Annual national convention each spring, and local meetings.
- Regular conference calls and Webinars for ongoing training.
- Team website with chat board for easy communicating with all owners and regular updates from the home office and vendors.
- National purchasing relationships for cleaning supplies, computers, cars, professional services, marketing materials, etc. NO PURCHASES ARE REQUIRED and this is NOT a profit center for Molly Maid. All owners have the right to single source locally if they choose.
- National ad fund is flat $200 per month and administered by elected Franchisee Marketing Committee. Owners maintain control of local marketing budget. Largest source of leads for established owners are the internet, customer referrals, and the Molly Maid cars. A full time marketing department will assist in developing and executing the local marketing plan.
|Does Corporate Assist in Site Selection:
|Does Corporate Provide Advertising and Marketing (Local, National):
|Does Corporate Provide Continued Training:
DESIRED BACKGROUND OF PROSPECTS AND IDEAL CANDIDATE
Management, Leadership or Team Building Experience
Many franchisees have management experience; however, many other successful owners are retired military officers, individuals who are active in the community, and other professionals who developed great interpersonal skills throughout their lives. A longer-term view is important as the greatest benefits of Molly Maid are with the financial rewards and lifestyle flexibility.
Click links below for interviews with franchisees and Molly Maid CEO
Top 35 Target Market Areas
- Boston, MA metro area
- Philadelphia, PA metro area
- Long Island, NY (Nassau and Suffolk Counties)
- Broward County, FL
- Miami/Dade County, FL
- Baltimore, MD greater metro area