Twelve Reasons Why Business Owners Choose VR
1. Exposure: The key to selling a business is showing it to the right person. A larger number of qualified buyers mean a higher price for your business. The VR network dominates the marketplace through its member affiliates. As a result, the VR system has hundreds of buyers calling daily and a backlog of prospects searching for businesses. Greater exposure attracts more buyers.
2. Advertising/Marketing: We know how, when and where to advertise to attract the right kinds of buyers. We pay for the advertising and direct mail campaigns. Your business will appear on a confidential basis on our own and other prominent business for sale web sites.
3. Confidentiality: The sale of your business will be handled confidentially. If your employees, competitors, customers or suppliers find out you are selling, your business could be damaged. We have developed a very successful strategy to protect your confidentiality. We never disclose the name or location of your business on the telephone, website or any other form of marketing. We will not work with a buyer until they have been qualified and have signed a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement. We don't send buyers to your business without a VR business intermediary. We accommodate your needs with after hour meetings if necessary. Everything we do is designed to protect your business interests and your confidentiality.
4. Time: It takes a great deal of time to sift through all the tire kickers and to find the good buyers. We do all this for you so you can spend your time running your business. This allows you to protect and maintain the value of your business while it’s on the market.
5. Synergy: Advertising alone doesn't sell businesses. You need experienced business advisors to get people interested in your business. Even experienced buyers often buy a different type of business than the listing they called about. About 1% of buyers buy the business they call about. Less than 30% buy the type of business they first tour. We try to get a good cross section of buyers and then conduct interviews with them to determine their qualifications. When we find someone who is a good fit for your business, we will steer them toward it. This way you get the benefit of every marketing tool we use for every business we represent. The money you would have to spend in advertising to attract just the right buyer for your business would be significant.
6. Proven Results: VR is your local expert in buying and selling small to midsize businesses. VR has a team of experienced professional business advisors that only sell businesses. Because of our experience, we have the knowledge to anticipate and solve many problems before they ever arise.
7. Follow Up: We will follow up with a buyer after they have seen your business, pointing out the benefits of making an offer. We will report buyer's reactions to keep you posted on how your business compares with others on the market. After the offer is signed, we attend meetings with the buyer to review your financial records, assist in arranging and taking inventory, and removing contingencies. This will help ensure a higher probability of closing the transaction.
8. Negotiating Power: We can pursue a buyer without damaging your negotiating position. Each time you contact a buyer yourself, it weakens your negotiating power. As an intermediary, we can pursue a buyer and encourage him to make a decision without implying in any way that you are anxious to sell. Our business advisors are experienced negotiators. Even if you are a good negotiator, it really helps to have a buffer between you and the buyer to preserve good relations. Every buyer will have advisors, relatives, etc., who will be negative about some aspect of the proposed purchase. We work to defuse those problems.
9. Risk Free: We research your business, help you get the business ready for sale, advise you on pricing, prepare a marketing package, advertise your business, interview buyers, negotiate on your behalf and do everything possible to effect a smooth sale. We do all this at no fee unless a buyer is found at the price and terms in your listing contract.
10. Pricing: Our database of businesses sold by the VR network, International Business Brokers Association and other sources gives us extensive statistics to assist you in pricing your business. We know what buyers look for and what they are willing to pay. We try to ensure you don't overprice and scare off good buyers, or under price and leave money on the table. We use our database and expertise to help convince buyers that your asking price is fair.
11. Deal Making: We work with all parties to help structure transactions that minimize problems. We use our experience from our previous sales and industry knowledge to recommend terms that work for everyone. We provide the buyer with the appropriate asset purchase offer form. The offer to purchase, accompanied by a deposit amount and information about the buyer, will be explained to you. We will counsel you on your options of accepting, countering or rejecting the offer and on what needs to be completed before a closing can take place. We will co-ordinate with all parties to keep the process moving to a closing in a timely manner.
12. Closing: We will recommend transaction or closing attorneys that will handle the closing for you and the buyer at a very reasonable fee. We will attend the closing with you.