To be successful as a franchise owner dealing in video/ audio sales and rentals, you have to focus your efforts in markets where there competition isn’t as heavily saturated. The ability to build a franchise is present given the combined annual revenue of approximately $60 billion generated by the industry. A variety of different products in the industry:
- Computer equipment;
- Audio equipment – Stereo components, CD and iPod players, home theater audio systems and accessories, car stereos;
- Digital equipment – Digital recorders and cameras, DVDs and electronic game devices;
- Cellular and landline phones; and
- Electronic games.
With technological innovation and the increased desire of consumers for updated and upgraded products fueling demand, video/ audio sales franchises can generate profit through:
- Local, regional and national marketing support from the franchisor;
- Well-recognized brand to drive repeat business;
- Cutting-edge, specialized merchandising;
- Superior customer service.
If you’re considering ownership of a video/ audio sales and rentals franchise
such as Alta Mere
, make sure you have the VR Franchise Showcase
assist you in understanding the competition within the industry. Competitors in your field will include:
- Discount stores;
- Warehouse clubs;
- Department stores;
- Internet and mail order retailers; and
- Specialty office and computer retailers.