Highlights of Business
- Well established business with loyal customer base
- Immediate profitability – take over one day, be profitable the next
- Seller will train
- SBA financing available, which means lower down payment requirements and longer terms
- Business not open evenings or weekends
- Seller will sign a non-compete agreement
- Seller would consider staying on for a period after closing
History of Business
This computer services business was started in the original owner’s home. The business was purchased by the current owners in January 2001. The primary focus of the business had been on personal PC repair, but the new owners saw a need for small business networking services as well. There is also a market for sales and installation of security and surveillance equipment, so they have expanded into this market as well.
The owner works approximately 40 hours per week in the business. The owner has had as many as 3 FT employees and one part time employee in the past. Due to the time it took to deal with employee issues, he currently has one part time employee and himself.
Products and Services Offered
The company offers a variety of services including small business networking, home networking and wireless networking for commercial and residential. They also offer repair service on PC and MacIntosh computers. Another source of revenues is the sale and installation of security and surveillance systems.
Customers and Markets Served
The company’s customers are approximately 70% business and 30% individuals, all located within 25 miles of the office.