If you want to purchase a high quality business you need a high quality team. VR has earned a reputation of excellence operating at the highest standards of integrity, objectivity, and unparalleled service. We are the only full-time network of Professional Business Intermediaries. At VR, we offer buyers a unique approach to matching buyers’ interests, goals and desires with the right businesses for sale. We have proven our value to business clients’ around the globe, providing service and expertise that places our clients first. Our team of professional business intermediaries is responsive to serving the needs of our clients. We always strive to ensure that the goals and objectives of our clients are always achieved.
Buyers are looking for the following:
- Provable books and records.
- Reasonable price and terms.
- Financial leverage.
- Discretionary Earnings (DE).
- Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E).
- Transferable lease.
- Training after the acquisition.
- Good appearance.
- Covenant not to compete.
- Understandable reason for the sale.
- Dealing in a timely manner.
Unexpected surprises cause buyers to evaluate whether or not to move forward with the acquisition of your business. If the facts are disclosed in advance, almost any problem or concern can be dealt with and solved during negotiations.
Be prepared to disclose:
- Any changes in earnings or revenue.
- Tax payments that are in arrears.
- Problems with the Landlord or Lease.
- Loans and registered liens against the business.
- Equipment lease.
- Compliance with zoning and health regulations.
- Pending litigation.
- Loss of major customers.
- Change in availability of suppliers.