Owning a franchise in the home inspection market can be quite lucrative due to the constant demand for homes being inspected for flaws, wear and tear and structural damage. Before a consumer or owner can sell a house or a buyer makes a purchase, they need to have the home inspected to avoid expensive repair costs later.
As the owner of a home inspection franchise
such as WIN Home Inspection
, one of the opportunities offered in the VR Franchise Showcase
, you can help your market by offering services that examines the condition of a home and report the findings back to the buyer. In turn, the buyer can then make an informed decision about whether to make the purchase.
Some of the services in home inspection will include examining:
- Heating system;
- Water heater;
- Air-conditioning system;
- Structural integrity;
Some franchises will offer ancillary services such as home inspections for radon detection, water quality, WDI (wood destroying insect), mold & private well and water quality.
You will note if there are any improper building practices or if an area of the home is in need of extensive repairs as well as fire and safety issues. In over 30 states, having license is required in order to perform home inspections such as through:
- The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI);
- The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI);
- The National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers (NABIE);
- The National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI); and
- The Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI).
By buying a home inspection franchise, you can have an immediate advantage over your market due to the turn-key operation provided by the franchisor for the territory you’re awarded. You own the franchise independently, while being able to receive all the necessary tools and resources to operate the business effectively.
- Intensive training program;
- Advertising and marketing materials;
- Continued support from the franchisor headquarters;
- Immediate customer base due to the market-recognized brand.