Bookstore franchises range from physical retail locations to online booksellers. Generating over $16 billion in combined revenue a year, the bookstore industry is divided into three categories:
- General bookstores – Sells trade books such as fiction, nonfiction, adult and children’s;
- College bookstores – Mostly textbooks;
- Specialty bookstores – Religious books, imported books, photography books.
Through following the system provided by the franchisor, you can succeed owning a bookstore franchise for your local market. When you buy a bookstore franchise, you will have a number of advantages not offered if you owned a small mom-and-pop bookstore.
- You will receive training at the franchisor's corporate headquarters;
- When selecting a site to build your franchise location, the franchisor will provide assistance;
- The franchisor will provide all necessary marketing tools, materials and support for your grand and post-grand opening of your franchise;
- You will have access to the in-place vendor relationships that the franchisor has to build your inventory and supplies;
- Continued support will be available by the franchisor during your ownership tenure to ensure your operation continues to be successful;
- The brand that has been long-established by the franchisor and recognized by the marketplace as the bookstore location to frequent will give you an already-existing customer base to start generating revenue.